Latoya Hardman Lewis
Co-author of Complete the Agenda in Higher Education: Challenge Beliefs About Student Success, is also the creator of Learn With Latoya, where she shares her ideas about teaching and learning.
A Glimpse at Latoya's Resume
- M.A. - Education | City College of New York | New York, NY
- B.A. - English | University of Houston-Downtown | Houston, TX
- Director of Academic Initiatives & Partnerships | LSC-Tomball | September 2017 – Present
- Lead Faculty/Professor | Education | LSC-Tomball | August 2015 – August 2017
- Lead Faculty/Professor | Developmental English | LSC-Tomball | February 2011 – August 2015
- Interim Department Chair | Developmental English | Human Development | Foreign Languages | ESOL | LSC-Tomball | August 2013 – August 2014
Programs developed by Latoya
Grit Certification Program
This 15-hour professional development program increases instructor knowledge about growth mindset, intrapersonal skills, their role in student success, and how to infuse them in the classroom. It increases instructor beliefs in the importance of these variables in the classroom and increases instruction use of direct and indirect strategies that help build growth mindset and self-regulation.
Instructional Technology Certification Program
Instructors who wish to infuse technology-rich, engaging lessons, learning activities, and teaching materials into their classrooms participate in nine 3-hour sessions, In the closing session they share what they learned throughout the program.
Other Book Contributions and Published Articles
LSC-LEAD: Preparing Current Leaders for Future Leadership Roles
Friday, A., Landry, E., Lewis, L.H., Thomas, Jr. J.C. (2018). Leadership Abstracts, 31(8).
Technology in the Classroom: Instructional Technology Certification Program Increases Engagement.
Lewis, L.H. (2017). NISOD Innovation Abstracts, 39(13).